The residency runs from May to September inclusive. It works on a self-funded, self-directed, self-catering basis. Residencies in the accommodation are from one week to eight weeks.
The house is a Victorian double-bay (window) villa, built in 1895, with three rooms with ensuite bathrooms. It is adjacent to the city’s green belt bush walking tracks – but also walkable to downtown, including the National Library, Te Papa/national museum and National Archives. (Buses also available).
Three rooms for artists:
- with queen beds and ensuite bathrooms
- share living, dining, kitchen and deck space
- free wifi and parking
- laundry: $5 per load wash and dry
Accommodation Rates for 2019
- One person, one week: NZ$525
- One person four or more weeks: NZ$490 per week
You are welcome to bring your partner to the accommodation or share it with another writer/artist friend.
(Two of the rooms can have a queen bed and a single bed).
- Two people sharing, one week: NZ$595
- Two people sharing, four weeks or more: NZ$560